ResourcePath is a pathologist-driven, medical research and diagnostics laboratory.
There is a nationwide shortage of pathologists. Investigators at academic medical centers may be reliant on Anatomic Pathology Departments to provide support to their research projects. But with increasing institutional pressure to meet financial targets, academic pathologists face difficult challenges in supporting both clinical and research missions.
The situation may not be much better for our research colleagues in industry. Mega-companies may be fortunate to have their own in house pathologists. However, small drug companies, small contract research organizations (CROs) and start-ups may need to outsource pathology support.
Who we are
ResourcePath is a private service laboratory staffed by pathologists and molecular biologists. We have years of experience in disease research. Our pathologists can help you interpret normal physiological and pathological processes, both in patients and in research models. We provide a full range of histology and pathology lab services, a suite of genomic technologies for molecular pathology projects, and expert pathologist review. We perform fee for service diagnostic work to support our research in development of new drugs and diagnostics for children with DICER1 syndrome cancers. Our CLIA/CAP accredited lab can also facilitate the translation of your research assay into a validated clinical test. We understand the value an experienced pathologist can bring to your research program or clinical trial.
- FFPE and frozen tissue sectioning and mounting, routine and special stains
- High resolution, whole-slide digital imaging and analysis
- Immunohistochemistry and in-situ hybridization
- Pathology Consulting:
- Clinical case review with detailed reports
- Morphological assessments of disease states and/or drug effects for basic and preclinical research
Genomics / molecular capabilities
- DNA and RNA extractions from clinical and research specimens including FFPE tissue; recovery of cell-free DNA from whole blood, plasma or other fluids
- Next-gen RNA-seq for expression profiling
- Targeted next-gen DNA sequencing with your custom panel
- Tumor profiling for oncogene and tumor suppressor mutations, fusions and copy number variations using the OncomineTM Comprehensive Assay v3 panel
- Droplet digital PCR assays for quantitative, ultra-sensitive detection of rare variants in high-complexity or heterogeneous samples.
What sets us apart
We’re research scientists. We understand the challenges of pushing beyond what’s already known, of seeking out the right tools to make something new and better happen. Because we face those challenges in our own grant-funded research program.
Commitment. We give our partners and clients the highly personalized support and flexible solutions they need to reach their research milestones.
Board-Certified and fully accredited. All projects are supervised by board-certified Pathologists. We are accredited by the College of American Pathologists for Anatomic Pathology, Histology and Molecular Diagnostics (CAP#9498234) and licensed by CLIA #49D2118808.
We are a woman-owned small business.
ResourcePath is our core lab for pathology and genomics, and we’d like it to be yours. Whether it’s simply by providing high quality laboratory services, or by consulting on project design, funding proposals or regulatory filings, or by translating your discovery from bench to bedside in our development lab, we’re here to help you answer research questions quickly, expertly, and within budget.
Here are some of our most subscribed services: