Starting November 9th, 2023 ResourcePath will no longer be offering COVID-19, Flu, or RSV testing for walk-ups or for appointments. We will continue to operate in other ways and will reflect these changes soon on our website. Thank you for your understanding and for allowing us to serve your community’s needs over the years.
ResourcePath is a private laboratory staffed by pathologists and molecular biologists. Starting in April 2020, ResourcePath devoted significant effort to bring COVID-19 testing to Northern Virginia and would go on to offer a single test for the detection of COVID-19, Flu, and RSV. Our Multiplex RT-PCR test can detect active viral infection for any of these three viruses. Over the years we collaborated with long-term care facilities, companies, schools, county governments, and pharmacies to deliver accessible testing with timely results. Our Sterling location near Dulles Airport will continue to serve as the base of our operations and center for community outreach.
- DNA and RNA extractions from clinical and research specimens including FFPE tissue; recovery of cell-free DNA from whole blood, plasma or other fluids
- Next-gen RNA-seq for expression profiling
- Targeted next-gen DNA sequencing with your custom panel
- Tumor profiling for oncogene and tumor suppressor mutations, fusions and copy number variations
- Real-time PCR
- Droplet digital PCR assays for quantitative, ultra-sensitive detection of rare variants in high-complexity or heterogeneous samples.
- Multiplex real-time PCR design and validation
- Oncomine Comprehensive Assay v3 (OCAv3)
- Clinical case review with detailed reports
- Tumor content analysis with digital imaging support
- Central pathology review for clinical trial eligibility
- Morphological assessments of disease states and/or drug effects for basic and preclinical research
- PD-L1 immunohistochemistry scoring
- Slide reviews and reports for tissue bank samples
ResourcePath has years of experience in molecular test development and disease research. Our focus is on developing new diagnostic tools to improve the detection and care for children and adults with emerging and infectious diseases and cancer. With support from the National Cancer Institute we have developed new blood tests for diagnosis of Diffuse Midline Glioma, K27M variant and cancers associated with DICER1 mutations in children.
What sets us apart
Commitment. We give our patients and clients results they can trust along with a personalized approach to solving their particular clinical or research question. We are a small company who values meeting the unique needs of each patient and/or customer.
ResourcePath is CLIA licensed and CAP accredited. We are accredited by the College of American Pathologists for Anatomic Pathology, Histology and Molecular Diagnostics (CAP#9498234) and licensed by CLIA #49D2118808. Our clinical reports are all reviewed by a Board Certified Pathologist.
We are a local, woman-owned small business serving communities in Northern Virginia, DC and Maryland.
We’re research scientists and clinicians. As experienced investigators, we understand the challenges of pushing beyond what’s already known, of seeking out the right tools to make something new and better happen. In addition, we understand the importance of analytical and clinical validation of new tests to ensure confidence in medical decision-making.
ResourcePath is our core lab for pathology and genomics research projects. Whether it’s simply by providing high quality laboratory services or by consulting on project design, funding proposals or regulatory fillings, or by translating your discovery from bench to bedside in our development lab, we’re here to help you answer research questions quickly, expertly, and within budget.