ResourcePath is a private clinical laboratory staffed by pathologists and molecular biologists. Since April 2020, ResourcePath has devoted significant effort to bring COVID-19 testing to Northern Virginia. Our RT-PCR test for the COVID-19 virus (SARS-CoV-2) can detect active viral infection. We work with long-term care facilities, companies, schools, county governments, and pharmacies. At our Sterling location near Dulles Airport we provide drive-up testing to people traveling internationally, individuals who have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or have symptoms associated with COVID-19, or people who need or want testing prior to elective surgery or visiting loved ones.
ResourcePath has years of experience in molecular test development and disease research. Although for the last year we have focused on providing COVID-19 testing for our region, we are continuing our research efforts to develop new cancer diagnostic tools to improve the care of children and adults with cancer. With support from the National Cancer Institute we have developed new blood tests for diagnosis of Diffuse Midline Glioma, K27M variant and cancers associated with DICER1 mutations in children.
- SARS-CoV-2 Viral RT-PCR testing for acute COVID-19 infection
- Rapid SARS-CoV-2 Viral RT-PCR testing for travelers
- Rapid qualitative SARS-CoV-2 Viral antibody testing for determining recent or prior COVID-19 infection
- Semi-quantitative viral antibody testing to assess response to SARS-CoV-2 vaccine
- Clinical DICER1 testing of germline and tumor DNA
- Liquid biopsy for H3K27M mutations in diffuse midline glioma/diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma
We provide a comprehensive testing and consulting service to companies who want to ensure the safety of their employees and customers as businesses increase their capacity. Call us at 571-375-0755 to discuss how a testing strategy can help your company get up and running quickly and stay running. If your company depends on customers knowing you are doing everything you can to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we would be happy to partner with you.
We have designed a flexible and modular testing and consulting service to schools who want to ensure the safety of the teachers, staff and children as the schools begin welcoming back students to in person learning. Please call us at 571-375-0755 to learn more.
- High resolution, whole-slide digital imaging and analysis
- DNA and RNA extractions from clinical and research specimens including FFPE tissue; recovery of cell-free DNA from whole blood, plasma or other fluids
- Next-gen RNA-seq for expression profiling
- Targeted next-gen DNA sequencing with your custom panel
- Tumor profiling for oncogene and tumor suppressor mutations, fusions and copy number variations
- Real-time PCR
- Droplet digital PCR assays for quantitative, ultra-sensitive detection of rare variants in high-complexity or heterogeneous samples.
- Multiplex real-time PCR design and validation
- Clinical case review with detailed reports
- Tumor content analysis with digital imaging support
- Central pathology review for clinical trial eligibility
- Morphological assessments of disease states and/or drug effects for basic and preclinical research
- PD-L1 immunohistochemistry scoring
- Slide reviews and reports for tissue bank samples
What sets us apart
Commitment. We give our patients and clients results they can trust along with a personalized approach to solving their particular clinical or research question. We are a small company who values meeting the unique needs of each patient and/or customer.
ResourcePath is CLIA licensed and CAP accredited. We are accredited by the College of American Pathologists for Anatomic Pathology, Histology and Molecular Diagnostics (CAP#9498234) and licensed by CLIA #49D2118808. Our clinical reports are all reviewed by a Board Certified Pathologist.
We are a local, woman-owned small business serving communities in Northern Virginia, DC and Maryland.
We’re research scientists and clinicians. As experienced investigators, we understand the challenges of pushing beyond what’s already known, of seeking out the right tools to make something new and better happen. In addition, we understand the importance of analytical and clinical validation of new tests to ensure confidence in medical decision-making.
ResourcePath is our core lab for pathology and genomics research projects. Whether it’s simply by providing high quality laboratory services or by consulting on project design, funding proposals or regulatory fillings, or by translating your discovery from bench to bedside in our development lab, we’re here to help you answer research questions quickly, expertly, and within budget.