ResourcePath is a private clinical laboratory staffed by pathologists and molecular biologists. We have years of experience in disease research. Our pathologists can help you interpret normal physiological and pathological processes, both in patients and in research models. We provide a full range of histology and pathology lab services, a suite of genomic technologies for molecular pathology projects, and expert pathologist review.
Since April 2020, ResourcePath has devoted significant effort to bring COVID-19 testing to Northern Virginia and across the United States. Our RT-PCR test for the COVID-19 virus (SARS-CoV-2) can detect active viral infection. We provide testing for people who were exposed to someone with COVID-19, people with symptoms potentially associated with COVID-19, and people who need or want testing prior to elective surgery, travel or visiting loved ones.
We also provide a comprehensive testing and consulting service to companies who want to ensure the safety of their employees and customers as everyone begins opening businesses more fully. Call us at 571-375-0755 to discuss how a testing strategy can help your company get up and running quickly and stay running. If your company depends on customers knowing you are doing everything you can to protect from COVID-19 spread, we would be happy to partner with you.
ResourcePath Clinical Laboratory
- SARS-CoV-2 Viral RT-qPCR testing for acute COVID-19 infection
- SARS-CoV-2 Viral antibody testing for determining recent COVID-19 infection (Coming Soon!)
- SARS-CoV-2 Viral antibody testing for assessing if potentially neutralizing antibodies are present (Coming Soon!)
- Clinical DICER1 testing of germline and tumor DNA
- Liquid biopsy for DICER1 tumor mutations (coming soon)
- Liquid biopsy for H3K27M mutations in diffuse midline glioma/diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma (coming soon)
We perform fee for service diagnostic work to support our research in development of new drugs and diagnostics for children with DICER1 syndrome cancers. Our CLIA/CAP accredited lab can also facilitate the translation of your research assay into a validated clinical test. We understand the value an experienced pathologist can bring to your research program or clinical trial.
- FFPE and frozen tissue sectioning and mounting
- High resolution, whole-slide digital imaging and analysis
- DNA and RNA extractions from clinical and research specimens including FFPE tissue; recovery of cell-free DNA from whole blood, plasma or other fluids
- Next-gen RNA-seq for expression profiling
- Targeted next-gen DNA sequencing with your custom panel
- Tumor profiling for oncogene and tumor suppressor mutations, fusions and copy number variations
- Real-time qPCR
- Droplet digital PCR assays for quantitative, ultra-sensitive detection of rare variants in high-complexity or heterogeneous samples.
- Multiplex real-time qPCR design and validation
- Clinical case review with detailed reports
- Tumor content analysis with digital imaging support
- Central pathology review for clinical trial eligibility
- Morphological assessments of disease states and/or drug effects for basic and preclinical research
- PD-L1 immunohistochemistry scoring
- Slide reviews and reports for tissue bank samples
What sets us apart
We’re research scientists. We understand the challenges of pushing beyond what’s already known, of seeking out the right tools to make something new and better happen. Because we face those challenges in our own grant-funded research program.
Commitment. We give our partners and clients the highly personalized support and flexible solutions they need to reach their research milestones.
Board-Certified and fully accredited. All projects are supervised by board-certified Pathologists. We are accredited by the College of American Pathologists for Anatomic Pathology, Histology and Molecular Diagnostics (CAP#9498234) and licensed by CLIA #49D2118808.
We are a woman-owned small business.
ResourcePath is our core lab for pathology and genomics research projects. Whether it’s simply by providing high quality laboratory services, or by consulting on project design, funding proposals or regulatory filings, or by translating your discovery from bench to bedside in our development lab, we’re here to help you answer research questions quickly, expertly, and within budget.