Our staff have extensive experience in gene panel development and can help you customize and optimize your sequencing needs by targeting your genes of interest.
Gene sequencing panels for hereditary disease or cancer research are a great tool for assessing mutations. If you are interrogating from one to 500 genes, and know generally what you are looking for, amplicon-based NGS is superior to exome sequencing in several aspects:
- improved depth of coverage which can be important in detecting mosaicism or subclonal mutations
- faster turn-around-time; 48-72 hours compared with weeks
- less expensive, especially with multiple samples
- fewer incidental findings to consider
- easier bioinformatics for mutation analysis